Renewable Energy & Clean Technology
The firm is able to represent and advise clients facing the broad spectrum of legal and policy issues concerning the rapidly emerging field of clean technology and renewable energy. Our attorneys are accustomed to forming an integrated approach to representing clients and will utilize experience from a wide-cross section of the firm’s practice areas to counsel clients in this developing area of the law, including Energy and Natural Resource Law, Corporate Law, Security Rights, Corporate Finance, Bankruptcy, Business Litigation, Real Estate and Construction, Administrative Law, and Intellectual Property.
Clean technology companies, renewable energy producers, and manufacturers of related products need to understand laws in a cross-section of legal areas, and to anticipate and respond to new and developing legislation and regulations. As the laws and regulations governing clean technology and renewable energy continue to mature, the legal landscape will become increasingly more complex. New legal disputes and business transactions will require experienced attorneys able to take a resourceful approach to client representation.
The firm can:
- Provide strategic counseling and general business advice for companies pursuing and investing in clean technology and renewable energy, including solar, wind, biofuels, biomass, energy efficiency, and green building materials;
- Assist clients in obtaining, licensing, and litigating patents, trademarks, and trade secrets and protecting other proprietary assets and technologies;
- Counsel clients in all types of energy transactions from project finance and development to federal and state regulatory proceedings, litigation, and policy making;
- Advise clients on risk transfer options, including review of insurance policies, and assist in resolving coverage issues when claims occur; and
- Continuously monitor the legal landscape, including cases, regulations and trends, in the area of clean technology and renewable energy for our clients.
Member of:Areas of Practice