Frank A. Tessier
Frank A. Tessier is a founding partner of the firm who practices real estate, banking, corporate and oil and gas law. He received his Bachelor of Science in 1976, and his Juris Doctorate in 1979, both from Louisiana State University in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. He is a member of the Louisiana Law Institute and served on the committees for the revision of the Louisiana Civil Code articles on sales, exchange and compromise. He is a member of the Louisiana Bankers Association and served on the Bank Counsel Security Device Task Force (1989-1993) and Bank Counsel Committee (1996-1998). He is a former member and chairperson of the Board of Directors of the Southeast Louisiana Chapter of the American Red Cross. He is a past member and former President of Garden District Security District and is a past member and former President of the Board of Directors of the Garden District Association.
Frank A. Tessier’s areas of concentration are:
- Banking and Finance:Legal services for banks in and outside of Louisiana, as well as other creditors and debtors involved in financial transactions of all kinds, including but not limited to commercial and construction financing, local counsel for bond financing, oil and gas financing, equipment financing, trouble debt restructurings and debt enforcement actions.
- Corporate:Preparation of organizational documents for corporation, partnerships and limited liability companies and related acquisitions, and acquisitions of real estate brokerage companies, franchising and compliance with state real estate commission regulations.
- Real Estate:Representation of seller and purchasers in sales and exchanges of developed and undeveloped real estate, including subdivisions, office buildings and shopping centers; preparation and negotiation of leases on improved and unimproved office, industrial and shopping centers; subdivision and reclassifications of zoning of property; development of residential and commercial subdivisions and related building restrictions and home owners associations; all other kinds of real estate transactions, and litigation relating to real estate.
- Oil and Gas:Representation of land owners in oil and gas leases, pipeline rights of way, surface and subsurface leases for oil equipment, and salt water injection leases.
Mr. Tessier is also a licensed title insurance agent for Fidelity National Title Group, First American Title Insurance Company and Lawyers Title Insurance Corporation.
Year Admitted to Practice
Louisiana State University, B.S. 1976; Louisiana State University Law Center, J.D. 1979.
American Bar Association; Southeast Louisiana Chapter of American Red Cross, Board of Directors (2003-present); Executive Board (2004-present); Chairman of By-laws Committee (2004-09); Chairman of the Board of Directors (2009); President of Garden District Security District (2006-2008); Member of Board of Directors of Garden District Association (2009); Friends of the Cabildo, Executive Board Member (1991-1994); Louisiana State Bar Association (Chairman, Mineral Law Section, 1991); Louisiana Bar Foundation; Louisiana Bankers Association (Bank Counsel Committee) Security Device Task Force (1989-1993); Louisiana Bankers Association (Bank Counsel Committee 1996-1998); Louisiana Law Institute Committee on Revision of Sales (1986-present) and Committee on Revision of Compromise and Accord (1999-present); New Orleans Bar Association; Licensed title insurance agent for First American Title Insurance Company.
Areas of Practice
- Banking, Finance, Bankruptcy & Creditors’ Rights
- Business & Corporate
- Oil & Gas
- Real Estate
All Louisiana state courts; United States Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals; United States District Court for the Eastern and Middle Districts of Louisiana.
2003 to present - Chambers USA America's Leading Lawyers for Business directory; 2005 to present listed in The Best Lawyers in America as one of the top lawyers in the area of Financial Institutions Law; 2005 to present Listed in New Orleans magazine as one of the top lawyers in New Orleans in the area of Financial Institutions Law, 2009 City Business Leadership in Law Award.